Thursday, December 19, 2013

Retaining a Reading Life

Tis' the season!  Students are about to leave us for the holiday break.  Lots of time to relax, spend time with family, and hopefully do some reading... at least I hope...

It has been my personal goal over the year to teach my students reading habits that will extend beyond the classroom walls.  Because of that, I put together a Google Form that will allow each reader to make purposeful plans for their break, and think about when they can snag some extra time reading. We will spend tomorrow morning making sure we have books to read over break, and I will have conversations with my students about their personal reading goals.  

Feel free to use the form below, or tweak it to fit your needs.  It is a little last minute (I apologize) but this could easily be adapted for snow days, spring break, and even summer vacation.


Holiday Break Reading

-Micaela

1 comment:

  1. What a great idea! Thank you for sharing. I am definitely going to retweet a link to this post on our ITF account before spring break to remind teachers of this idea!

    ReplyDelete